Search for at
B2KILL.COM Advanced Search
Post new topic   Reply to topic       B2KILL.COM Forum Index -> WebSite News & Updates
Registration BOT prevention
[B2K]KraKen
Clan Leader

• » Show Info «

votes: 4

No icon Registration BOT prevention Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:39 am Reply with quote

We added a new security check in the account registration as the pic shows below:

Nuke Wait Script - This script puts in a function so if they click the "Continue" button to fast, it will kill there registration and stop them right in their tracks. Most bots will fill out the registration info within a few seconds, where a human will take between 25 - 60 seconds, if not more. So for the human aspect of it, there is a JS countdown timer over the "Continue" button that will tell them to please wait till the timer is done, then once the time is up, it will tell them they are okay to click the "Continue" button.

Hidden Form Field - This snip-it of a code that will be put in is a fake hidden form field. This hidden form field will remain blank and hidden to all users, if a bot answers the hidden question, it will again, stop him in his tracks and he will go no further.

I also hid the code using JS because most bots which I been reading up and read the HTML aspect of input if it is hidden or not. I know I could have used CSS, but I wanted to make this as easy to install as I could with as little edits as possible.

Text Removal - This here is the latest addition to this script which puts in a section that has off to the left of it a flashing "Antibot" and the form field is pre-filled in with information telling them to "Delete All Of This Text!". I also named that field "company" in hopes that if a bot does remove the text, it will fill in the information with a company name or something. As long as there is something in that field, it will kill the operation and stop them in their tracks.

Q&A Check - This check has been used on phpbb3 and what they have said it has some great success with using it. The way it works is it is turned off by default, but to use it, all you would need to do is come up with a question that is not easily looked up on Google and put it in the question field. Then put the answer to your question in the answerfield and make sure you activate the check. If they answer it wrong, then it will stop them. This system strips any case letters you put in so don't say something like, say WORD, because it would just be word with all lowercase letters.

*thanks to corpse from www.headshotdomain.net to code this!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: obteo
B2KILL.COM Forum Index -> WebSite News & Updates All times are UTC + 2 Hours [DST enabled]

printer-friendly view
Jump to: