Search for at
B2KILL.COM Advanced Search
Post new topic   Reply to topic       B2KILL.COM Forum Index -> Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare Goto page 1, 2  Next
Map Rotation
[B2K]Bobz
Clan Leader

Visit member's Steam Profile
  • » Show Info «

votes: 5

No icon Map Rotation Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:38 pm Reply with quote

This is sort of a response to Teo's recent post about the map rotation. I have a few questions and maybe some suggestions on this matter.

First of all, this is mostly a question for Teo, was Broadcast in the map rotation before or was it just added as you made the post on forum?

And now, the topic about what maps do we have the most. I know we mostly run overgrown and killhouse, those are both fun and nice maps to play on. What I wanted to suggest was, I think we should add more crash maps and broadcast to the mix, those maps are extremely popular with a lot of players, and I think their appearance on our rotation list more often, should attract more players, as well.

This was just on my mind, for a while now, and I just found the time to write it here.
Let me know what do you think about this Smile
Sponsor
Smiley face
[B2K]KraKen
Clan Leader

• » Show Info «

votes: 4

No icon Re: Map Rotation Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:13 pm Reply with quote

Bobz wrote (View Post):

First of all, this is mostly a question for Teo, was Broadcast in the map rotation before or was it just added as you made the post on forum?

i guess it was in the mapcycle before but since i messed with the server config file i forgot to re-add that map Razz so is on the road only from 2day.

Bobz wrote (View Post):

And now, the topic about what maps do we have the most. I know we mostly run overgrown and killhouse, those are both fun and nice maps to play on. What I wanted to suggest was, I think we should add more crash maps and broadcast to the mix, those maps are extremely popular with a lot of players, and I think their appearance on our rotation list more often, should attract more players, as well.

I agree, both are nice and popular maps so let's do it tell me which position only.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: obteo
Phenom

• » Show Info «

No icon Re: Map Rotation Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote

I agree with bobz and i want to put another matter. It's annoying to play on killhouse with 30 ppl and on creek with 10 -15 you have to do somehting about that although i think you can't do much . I just wanted to put this matter too Very Happy
Phenom

• » Show Info «

No icon Re: Map Rotation Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote

P.S sorry for my bad english Razz
punisher

• » Show Info «

No icon Re: Map Rotation Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:39 pm Reply with quote

Phenom wrote (View Post):
I agree with bobz and i want to put another matter. It's annoying to play on killhouse with 30 ppl and on creek with 10 -15 you have to do somehting about that although i think you can't do much . I just wanted to put this matter too Very Happy

Is it possible to only play that map when players =< ( Smaller or equal to ) 20 for example.
Sponsor
Smiley face
punisher

• » Show Info «

No icon Re: Map Rotation Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:39 pm Reply with quote

oh and so much maps in the mapcycle and i'm only playing like 4 or 5 of them.
[B2K]KraKen
Clan Leader

• » Show Info «

No icon Re: Map Rotation Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quote

Phenom wrote (View Post):

punisher wrote (View Post):
oh and so much maps in the mapcycle and i'm only playing like 4 or 5 of them.

that's true but it's just a random thing..

punisher wrote (View Post):

Is it possible to only play that map when players =< ( Smaller or equal to ) 20 for example.

maybe with some mod but we are playing pure game so i bet nope, try searching on internet  Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: obteo
[B2K]KraKen
Clan Leader

• » Show Info «

No icon Re: Map Rotation Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote

this is the actual mapcycle, feel free to edit it as you like and than we will change it.

mp_killhouse
mp_strike
mp_overgrown
mp_vacant
mp_broadcast
mp_crossfire
mp_creek
mp_strike
mp_killhouse
mp_carentan
mp_overgrown
mp_convoy
mp_citystreets
mp_broadcast
mp_crossfire
mp_overgrown
mp_pipeline
mp_vacant
mp_overgrown
mp_crossfire
mp_crash
mp_pipeline
mp_vacant
mp_creek
mp_killhouse
mp_showdown
mp_overgrown
mp_strike
mp_broadcast
mp_farm
mp_creek
mp_crash
mp_strike
[B2K]KraKen
Clan Leader

• » Show Info «

No icon Re: Map Rotation Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:18 pm Reply with quote

i edited the mapcycle but i was not able to stop the server because lot of ppl was online.

here the edit i made:

Code:
//*************************************************
// map rotation generated by mavrick.id.au
//*************************************************
set g_gametype "war"

set sv_mapRotation "gametype war map mp_strike gametype war map mp_overgrown gametype war map mp_vacant gametype war map mp_broadcast gametype war map mp_crossfire gametype war map mp_strike gametype war map mp_killhouse gametype war map mp_carentan gametype war map mp_overgrown gametype war map mp_crossfire gametype war map mp_convoy gametype war map mp_citystreets gametype war map mp_broadcast gametype war map mp_crossfire gametype war map mp_overgrown gametype war map mp_pipeline gametype war map mp_broadcast gametype war map mp_vacant gametype war map mp_overgrown gametype war map mp_crossfire gametype war map mp_crash gametype war map mp_pipeline gametype war map mp_vacant gametype war map mp_creek gametype war map mp_killhouse gametype war map mp_showdown gametype war map mp_overgrown gametype war map mp_strike gametype war map mp_broadcast gametype war map mp_farm gametype war map mp_creek gametype war map mp_crash"

if you think you can do a better mapcycle do it here: [ http://mavrick.id.au/cod4-map-generator.php ] and post it back.
Cheers.
[B2K]Bobz
Clan Leader

• » Show Info «

No icon Re: Map Rotation Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:27 pm Reply with quote

okay, i do have some ideas for the map rotation, on how to do the order of them, but i'll post it in the evening,

i'm busy irl, so that's the reason i wasn't so active yesterday, and today morning
Sponsor
Smiley face
faaizkhan

• » Show Info «

No icon Re: Map Rotation Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:54 am Reply with quote

I will say that KILLHOUSE map is the most likely map so rotate it as early as possible every time
punisher

• » Show Info «

No icon Re: Map Rotation Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:14 pm Reply with quote

killhouse is that small ass map right?
Kill house is fun when you are playing like like 10 people or so, when it gets higher it just turns into chaos and like nonstop spawnkills or you walk like 10 meters and you get shot by 3 guys, you spawn in enemy base, getting fragged because to less spawns for the amount of players.
majd

• » Show Info «

votes: 1

No icon Re: Map Rotation Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:04 pm Reply with quote

well punisher you are right , but i think that killhouse is the most attractive map ... also guys i suggest you to add some Search and Destroy maps , search and destroy is a really funny mode and also it is up for team works , and also hackers get bored of it  Twisted Evil  ... i guess that Crash , Backlot , Broadcast and other maps are good for it , anyone wants the Search and Destroy mode ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: majd0delbany
[B2K]Bobz
Clan Leader

• » Show Info «

No icon Re: Map Rotation Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:30 pm Reply with quote

S&D mode we need to learn for clan wars ;)

but if we are creating S&D mode it should be on another server, I don't think it is smart to mix s&d with tdm, as a rotation, if that is what you meant with what you said majd
majd

• » Show Info «

votes: 1

No icon Re: Map Rotation Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:08 pm Reply with quote

Yeah that's what i meant  Confused well anyway i don't think that teo is ready to start a second server again ?  Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: majd0delbany
Sponsor
Smiley face
B2KILL.COM Forum Index -> Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare All times are UTC + 2 Hours [DST enabled]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

printer-friendly view
Jump to: